NEW: Public Exam Schedule
January 23: Delayed opening by 2 hours. Buses will start their runs 2 hours later than normal. Classes will begin at 10:15. Cafeteria will be open for lunch. Afternoon exams start at 12:00 noon.
Note to Students and Parents concerning possible school closures due to inclement weather:
- If school will have a delayed opening, or if school will be closed for part of a day - a message will be sent via Twitter (@hthtigers) and the radio stations will also be informed.
REVISED January 2015 Sr High Exam Schedule
You can still order school portraits at MyLifetouch.ca. Online orders will be shipped home when there is a shipping fee applied to the order and will ship to school if there is no shipping fee applied.
Congratulations to our Gr 9 Girls’ Volleyball Team on winning GOLD at Volleyfest this past weekend. The team defeated Beaconsfield in the semis and McDonald Drive Jr High in the finals. Congratulations Girls!
Also, congratulations to the Gr 10 Girls’ Volleyball team on winning Silver at Volleyfest this past weekend!
There will not be any classes for HTH students on Nov. 10 (School Board Holiday) and Nov. 11 (Remembrance Day).
- The Information form is being mailed to students, however the form is also available here.
- Forms and fees are due back to the school by Oct. 10.
Ms Carol Roberts - recipient of the Prime Minister’s Award for Teaching Excellence:
- Congratulations to Ms Carol Roberts on receiving the Prime Minister’s Award for Teaching Excellence for 2013-2014. Ms Roberts, one of our Science teachers, was one of two Newfoundland and Labrador teachers that received this prestigious award. Jack Harris, MP for St. John’s East, visited the school October 24 to present Ms Roberts with her Award.
- Please click here for the official media release from the Prime Minister’s Award Web site.
- We are so proud of our Ms. Roberts!
Grade 9 Students
Wednesday, Nov. 5 is Take our Kids to Work day for Grade 9 students and parents. This optional initiative allows the entire community-parents, teachers, employers, and workers to play a part in the career development of Gr 9 students who participate in this job shadowing experience. For more information, click here
Duke of Edinburgh Award
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award encourages young people to make a difference while exploring their potential, taking on new challenges and achieving success. Any student interested in information on the program or joining the group can register on line at dukeofed.org . They can also contact Mr. Grant or Ms. Whelan for further information.