Term 1 Report Cards
Calculation of Honours Roll And Principal’s List
Jr High - Report Card l
- Honour Roll: Minimum 80% in all courses
- Principal’s List: Minimum 90% in all courses
Sr High - Report Card
- Honour Roll: Overall average of 80% -89%
- Principal’s List: Overall average of 90% or higher.
Holy Trinity High Hosting 4A Girls’ Volleyball Provincial Championship
We look forward to having the following teams join us Nov. 28-29:
Corner Brook Regional High
Mount Pearl Senior High
Holy Heart High
Holy Trinity High
Queen Elizabeth II
Sarah Butler: Canadian Youth Representative in Ottawa
Congratulations to graduate Sarah Butler (Class of 2014) who presented her Remembrance Day poem, and was selected as a Youth Representative at the National War Memorial on November 11 in Ottawa. Sarah’s poem was selected based upon a Canadian Legion national contest held in 2013-2014. How to make us proud!
Update on Grade 9 Trip to Quebec City and Ottawa
Our teachers and 44 students seem to be having a great time in Quebec and Ottawa. On November 11 they attended the National Remembrance Day service in the nation’s capital. Please click here for an article from The Guardian newspaper.
Attention Graduates of HTH 2014:
- Cap and Gown Night is scheduled for November 20, 7:00 PM.
Remembrance Day Assemblies:
- We will be holding Remembrance Day assemblies on Friday, November 7. Parents are welcome to attend and pay their respects along with our students. Note times below:
- 8:25-10:00 AM: Senior High students
- 10:10-11:25 AM: Junior High Students
You can still order school portraits at MyLifetouch.ca. Online orders will be shipped home when there is a shipping fee applied to the order and will ship to school if there is no shipping fee applied.
Congratulations to our Gr 9 Girls’ Volleyball Team on winning GOLD at Volleyfest this past weekend. The team defeated Beaconsfield in the semis and McDonald Drive Jr High in the finals. Congratulations Girls!
Also, congratulations to the Gr 10 Girls’ Volleyball team on winning Silver at Volleyfest this past weekend!
There will not be any classes for HTH students on Nov. 10 (School Board Holiday) and Nov. 11 (Remembrance Day).
- The Information form is being mailed to students, however the form is also available here.
- Forms and fees are due back to the school by Oct. 10.
Ms Carol Roberts - recipient of the Prime Minister’s Award for Teaching Excellence:
- Congratulations to Ms Carol Roberts on receiving the Prime Minister’s Award for Teaching Excellence for 2013-2014. Ms Roberts, one of our Science teachers, was one of two Newfoundland and Labrador teachers that received this prestigious award. Jack Harris, MP for St. John’s East, visited the school October 24 to present Ms Roberts with her Award.
- Please click here for the official media release from the Prime Minister’s Award Web site.
- We are so proud of our Ms. Roberts!
Grade 9 Students
Wednesday, Nov. 5 is Take our Kids to Work day for Grade 9 students and parents. This optional initiative allows the entire community-parents, teachers, employers, and workers to play a part in the career development of Gr 9 students who participate in this job shadowing experience. For more information, click here
Duke of Edinburgh Award
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award encourages young people to make a difference while exploring their potential, taking on new challenges and achieving success. Any student interested in information on the program or joining the group can register on line at dukeofed.org . They can also contact Mr. Grant or Ms. Whelan for further information.