2016 Public Exam Preparation Classes
The Newfoundland and Labrador English School District will be offering a 48 hour Public Exam Preparation Program from February to June 2016. This program will be offered twice a week, with classes on either Tuesday or Wednesday evenings at Gonzaga High School, Smithville Crescent, St. John’s. There will be no classes over Easter Week and these sessions will be made up throughout the program.
Registration will be held on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Gonzaga High School. Participants will be required to complete a registration form and pay the required fee of $185.00 per course on that evening. No refunds will be issued after March 4, 2016.
Cash/Debit/Visa/Mastercard will be available. No cheques accepted.
Registration form is attached.
For further information please call Brenda Hickey at 758-2700.
Monday, February 1 is the start of Semester 2
- Term 2 Report Cards will be distributed Thursday, February 11
- Parent - Teacher meetings will be held Thursday, February 18
There will be two Teacher Professional Development Days in February. There will not be any classes on February 8 and February 19.
Students, Alumni, Parents of Holy Trinity High
It is with sadness that we mourn the passing of Ms. Bernadette O’Neill, our Home Economics and Clothing/Nutrition teacher. She will be greatly missed by students, former students, and teachers. Our condolences go out to Mr. Brian Whelan, (her husband who is also a teacher at Holy Trinity High), and their two children Sara and William. Funeral arrangements can be viewed here.
Class of 2015 Graduates:
- The DVD of the Cap and Gown ceremony that took place Nov. 19, 2015 is available for pick up from the main office.
Mid Year (January) Exam Schedule (Sr High only)
June 2016 Public Exam Schedule
- Congratulations to our Sr Girls Volleyball Team on winning the School Sport Newfoundland and Labrador AAAA Volleyball Championships Dec. 12. Our team went undefeated in the tournament playing all the top high school teams in the province. In the GOLD medal match the team beat Corner Brook Regional High.
December 10: Letter to Parents concerning Cyberbullying
Christmas Holiday Schedule:
- Dec. 22: Pancake Breakfast 7:45-9:00 am, Variety Show 9:00-11:30 am, Dismissal at 12:30 pm
- Dec. 23 - Jan. 3: Christmas Holidays
- Jan. 4: Classes Resume
- As part of our annual "Christmas Kindness" initiative, we are asking our school community for donations of non-perishable food items AND new toys or new clothing for children ages newborn to 15 years. Donations may be given to Mrs. Walsh (in room 112) or Mrs. Coles (in room 204) until December 16. Thank you for giving and thinking of others.